Active Shooter Response Training
The Board of Trustees at White Oak ISD invites the community of White Oak to Active Shooter Response Training. The event will take place in the CC Simmons Auditorium on Sunday, March 11, 2018. The event will begin at 2:30 pm and end by 4:30 pm including a Q&A time at the end of the presentation.
The trainer will be Mark Seguin, TBG Solutions Inc. Tyler Texas. He recently provided training to all employees at White Oak ISD and we feel his message and insight will be beneficial to everyone in White Oak.
There will be an updated report by the district on the security measures in place at WOISD and our commitment to providing a safe learning environment for our students, faculty and staff.
On behalf of the District, I hope to see you next Sunday.
White Oak Schools
Monday: President Day Holiday
- Students will take notes over how to write a body paragraph that includes a topic sentence, transition, example, and elaboration.
- Students will have time to work on the body paragraphs of their essay.
- Students will have class time to finish writing the body paragraphs of their essay. If paragraphs 2 and 3 are not complete by the end of the class, it is homework due before class the next day.
- We will read from “I Will Always Write Back.”
- Students will take notes over how to write a conclusion and have time in class to write the concluding paragraph of their essay. If it is not completed in class, it is homework due before class the next day.
- Students will complete vocabulary study 4 from “I Will Always Write Back” using Quizlet, thesauraus.com and the book.
You are invited to the NaNoWriMo Showcase!
Who: Parents, guardians, grandparents, etc.
What: Students will showcase a selection of their work from our novel project.
When: Friday, January 12 during your child’s English class period
(Check the chart below for time.)
Where: Middle School Think Lab, Library
||7:55 – 8:40
||8:44 – 9:29
||9:33 – 10:18
||11:31 – 12:16
||1:09 – 1:54
||1:58 – 2:43
Hope to see you there!