- Vocabulary words: intrigued, wafted.
- Read pages 1-12 in “I Will Always Write Back”
- Vocabulary words: colonialism, liberated, parallels
- Read pages 13-39
- Vocabulary words: ululating, inflation, rationed, naive, and correspondence
- Students will complete a Venn Diagram comparing and contrasting Caitlin and Martin’s lives in preparation for writing a paragraph.
- Read pages 39-52
- Students will take vocabulary quiz.
- Students will complete compare and contrast writing assignment.
- Students will complete web quest and writing assignment explaining something they have learned about Zimbabwe.
- Students will start vocabulary study packet 2.