- Monday and Tuesday
- Students will take a nonfiction test over determining author’s purpose, topic, main idea, supporting details, text structure and summary.
- Students will take notes over how to determine the meaning of words by identifying roots of words, prefixes, and suffixes.
- Students will practice determining the meaning of words by completing practice questions on study island.
- Students will practice using the dictionary as a reading resource.
- Students will share their final drafts of the Apollo 13 paragraphs.
- Students will analyze the components of an expository essay. T
- They will start pre-writing a response to a self-selected writing prompt over the autobiography, “I Am Malala.”
- Students will compose a thesis statement.
- Students will learn how to write effective introductions and use elaboration strategies.